Monday, February 12, 2007

Playing Tag


A recent Pew Report claims that 28% of users tag content and that 7% do so on a daily basis. There has been a lot of debate about how well this collective intelligence works on a global basis. As an experiment in the process, I've started my own world map of hotel minibars, and I would encourage readers to contribute snaps and geodata to this worthwhile example of information aesthetics.

Why hotel minibars? They are so analog it would seem! Of course, I'm interested in everyday design issues and user interfaces in the context of globalization. But there is also a certain nostalgia involved in documenting this rapidly disappearing species, which has already vanished from the Marriott hotel chain and many Hyatts in the United States.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minibars I totally get. But why information aesthetics?

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home