Thursday, March 19, 2009

Air Guitar



As a rhetorician, this YouTube video about the fair use of intellectual property from the Media Education Lab at Temple University is appealing on two grounds. First, I like how it uses YouTube to present relatively complicated legal issues in ways that include the general public in the conversation by using compositing techniques and making analogies to accepted practices from print culture, such as quotation. Second, I appreciate it's emphasis on rhetorical keywords, such as "context" and "situation." Unfortunately, there is also a certain amount of repetition that goes along with imitating the genre of a popular song, since the chorus reiterates the point of the creators.

I've already added it to my collection of copyright videos that I use for teaching my digital rhetoric course.

Thanks to Siva Vaidhyanathan for the link!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home