Monday, April 03, 2006

April Fool for Love

I was intrigued after reading in Sivacracy.net about Google's planned "Google Romance" site, which would combine the site's search engine and social networking capabilities. The press release promises users "psychographic matchmaking" with "contextual dating."

However, since I'm compelled to fill out every online survey and take every interactive quiz, I of course quickly discovered that it as all an April Fool's joke, once I looked to see what questions would be asked of candidates for their electronic matchmaking service.

Although I have been critical of Google's policies toward digital library initiatives and cooperation with information restrictions in China, I'm still not ready to "break up with Google," perhaps because I appreciate this kind of irreverent corporate valentine. Or it could be that because Google is the corporate parent of Blogspot, the host of this blog, I don't have much of a choice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home