Sunday, May 25, 2008

Booby Prize

Back home in Santa Monica and wearing my Computers and Writing t-shirt while unpacking my C&W tote and water bottle, I am reminded about how this conference now emulates the swag-bag activities associated with other technology-related events. Although, given the unisex offerings, it's fair to say that it is still true that "Tech t-shirts aren't sexy enough," and paying women are given less usable garb than men. Kudos, however, to CalIT2, which actually produces a women's version of their shirt, which I suspect will be out of my closet more often than the one I have on at the moment.

I also noticed how networking between bloggers could have been much better orchestrated. For purposes of reporting on the conference, there should have been a kind of "news pool" to divvy up the writing labor. I would have been glad to have an assignment, since I like collaborative blogging. As it is, I met bloggers like Daniel Anderson by accident in the hallways or at the bar. (Check out Anderson's Vimeo version of his Sophie presentation on "Transforming the Teaching of Literature" here.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home